SDCXTRA RADIO

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Esther Rose

View this in your browser
Website
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Hi everybody, 

I've been spending more time than ever with my guitar and a pen and paper, just staring out the window, thinking about music. I'm hoping that all of you have something you enjoy doing alone, inside.. maybe you've reawakened your love of Play-Doh, some of you are probably turning into yoga pretzels, whatever the pleasure, I hope it finds you. 
Last January, my band got together and recorded a covers EP. I took on some of my favorite moody tunes; Nick Lowe's "Blue on Blue" was released this week. I became obsessed with that song in particular when I was touring with Nick Lowe last fall. As soon as I heard the first guitar strum I would creep from my dark place backstage and get as close as possible to bask in the magic of that song. It put a spell on me. I needed to figure out why... 
Recording these cover songs has been a really interesting experience, to step into these great songs and reckon with the magic that's locked inside. To try and access it and interpret it. 

We covered some really iconic American classics, which is why I chose to name the EP My Favorite Mistakes (emphasis on mistakes), because only time will tell if we reawakened these songs or simply botched them up.

My Favorite Mistakes is now available to pre-order here. The EP will be available digitally on May 29.

With love,
Esther
Copyright © 2020 Esther Rose, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Esther Rose
1591 18th Ave
C/O Father/Daughter Records
San FranciscoCA 94122-3410

No comments:

Post a Comment