SDCXTRA RADIO

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Maja Kristina

FATdrop digital music services promo
promo packshot
1 track : 4 downloads
Artist: Maja Kristina
Title: Idiot
Genre: Pop
Label: Republic Records

Maja Kristina has no intention of fast-tracking her into the upper echelon of pop music. Raised in Sweden, inspired by the influx of strong, independently poised women currently dominating pop music, and already responsible for a wave of unshakable singles, the road to 2020 signals a peak in confidence and clarity for one Stockholm’s most enigmatic prospects of the past decade.

With her debut EP enroute and a formal alliance with Republic Records in play, the young and talented artist/ songwriter needs little encouragement where taking center stage is concerned.

Quietly amassing 5 million total streams with her first single “No Fake Love” in a few months’ time, landing a deal with Republic Records in 2018, and turning heads on both sides of the pond, the 21-year-old Swedish songstress cultivated a sound with honest lyrics, personal songwriting and hypnotic hooks.

“It’s about a relationship I was in that was very destructive,” she admits. “I became codependent on the negative affection I got. He confirmed what I thought of myself at the moment though. I eventually recognized and realized there was nothing wrong with me; I was just dating an idiot. That’s fine, if you are, but you need to love yourself more than that and say, ‘Enough is enough. I deserve better’.”

As she prepares her debut EP for 2020, Maja has a lot to say: “When you listen to me, I just want you to feel something. It could be you walk away empowered, heartbroken, angry, or absolutely euphoric. Life is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment